REGISTRATION is currently CLOSED
INTRODUCTION: For the past 30 years, OSH has been an expansive, city-wide event providing a great place for artists to show their work to thousands of visitors in a face-to-face environment, sell artwork or custom services, nurture dedicated followers and develop new relationships. In recent years, 400 artists have participated annually in dozens of venues bringing thousands of visitors to Hartford's neighborhoods. Artists In Real Time, Inc. (ART), producers of OSH, support and promote the arts, the individual artists and their work, and inspire community creativity.
- 2020 REINVENTION: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, OSH will take place online featuring a brand-new Online Gallery and individual Artist Profiles with images, prices, other information, links and videos. We wish to continue to offer just as many opportunities for sales and visibility at a reasonable rate without the effort involved in studio visits, setting up a space as a visiting artist or manning the event for an entire weekend. By-appointment visits to your studio are optional.
New features on the website and comprehensive marketing are focused on increasing community awareness and audience numbers by giving visitors the freedom to access artists and artwork by browsing our Online Gallery and discovering new artists at their convenience.
- DATES & DEADLINES - Instead of an in-person weekend-long event, this year, the website will launch at the beginning of November and remain active through 1/31/2021. No deadline apply; your registration will be processed upon receipt.
- BRAND-NEW ONLINE GALLERY - Artists will be represented in an attractive Online Gallery replacing the artist list from recent years. It will feature one art image of your choosing, your Publication Name and either medium, price range, or cost of the shown artwork which clicks to the Artist’s Profile Page.
- ARTIST PROFILE PAGES - This year's individual artist pages will have many new features. Along with name, medium and description of your work, your 4 images will have captions that include title, dimensions and price. Your contact info will include ALL choices instead of just one. The Artist Statement/Bio field will accept "unlimited" copy, information, additional artwork, links to your pre-existing online content AND VIDEO files and links.
- PREVIOUS ARTIST PROFILE PAGES – If you have participated before and would like to use a previous Artist Profile as a guide, links are now available to be emailed to you.
- VIDEOS - Artist can provide video interviews, studio tours and live demonstrations by including files or links with your registration or adding them throughout the promotional period. OSH will try to assist those that may not have the means or expertise to produce their own video. Videos will appear on Artist Profile Pages and used for online promotions.
-SALES - Attention will be called to sales immediately upon visitor engagement on the Home Page and Online Gallery. As we get closer to the November launch date, the sales and Paypal mechanisms will be functional.
- FEES - $25 for participation through 1/31/2021. If you cannot afford your fee, ART may be able to help. Sponsorships, artist sponsorships and tax deductible donations are accepted. No deadlines apply.
- OPENING YOUR STUDIO or VENUE (OPTIONAL) - One-on-One visits can be scheduled by appointment. OSH offers assistance as needed. CDC guidelines should be followed including the use of face masks and social distancing.
- REGISTRATION – Online form CLICK HERE. This is currently a "low-tech" form but counts as a formal registration. Once your form is received, OSH will be in touch to instruct you of your next steps including emailing images with title, dimensions and price, other copy, links and additional images with captions.
2020 Registration Form PDF
2020 Registration Form Type-In Word document
- EXTENDED PARTICIPATION - Artists will have the option of extending participation and the visibility of their pages into 2021. Stay tuned for details!