The City-Wide Open Studio Hartford returned in the Spring of 2023.
Now we're glad to bring back the Holiday Season OSH this November 18 & 19!
THIS YEAR 2023!
OPEN STUDIO WEEKEND - Saturday & Sunday, November 18 & 19, 11am-5pm
An in-person event at venues such as ArtSpace, 56 Arbor and Parkville Market
Artists without a studio or from out of town accepted and provided a space
GROUP SHOW in the ArtSpace Gallery
Group Show included with OSW registration or you can register for Group Show Only
CLICK HERE to REGISTER
THE HOME SHOW at CT Convention Center - November 4 & 5 - CLICK for INFO
Contact Cynthia at firstname.lastname@example.org
PAST 2023 EVENTS
ART IN THE PARK Manchester - Sunday, June 4th / CLICK HERE for Information
SPRING OPEN STUDIO WEEKEND - Saturday & Sunday, May 20 & 21, 11am-5pm
EKPHRASIS: Poetry, Music & Dance Inspired by Visual Art
OPEN STUDIO HARTFORD DETAILS
INTRODUCTION: For the past 30 years, OSH has been an expansive, city-wide event providing a great place for artists to show their work to thousands of visitors in a face-to-face environment, sell artwork or custom services, nurture dedicated followers and develop new relationships. In recent years, 400 artists have participated annually in dozens of venues bringing thousands of visitors to Hartford's neighborhoods. Artists In Real Time, Inc. (ART), producers of OSH, support and promote the arts, the individual artists and their work, while inspiring community creativity.
- 2020 Creation of the Online Gallery: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, OSH 2020 featured a brand-new Online Gallery and individual Artist Profiles with images, prices, other information, links and videos. We hope to continue to offer opportunities for sales and visibility at a reasonable rate without in-person studio visits, setting up a space as a visiting artist or manning the event for an entire weekend. This year we will add more artists to the gallery! By-appointment visits to your studio are optional.
- Plans are to increase promotions of the gallery and encourage sales: New features on the website and marketing are focused on increasing community awareness and audience numbers by giving visitors the freedom to access artists and artwork by browsing our Online Gallery and discovering new artists at their convenience.
- Artist Profile Pages: Your profile is custom designed to suit you. For those that do not have their own website, it can act as your own mini-website. We will work closely with each artist to create a page that includes your information, images, links and videos.
- DATES & DEADLINES - Instead of an in-person weekend-long event, this year, we will continue adding to our Online Gallery. The complete gallery and individual profiles will remain open until the next live Open Studio Hartford is planned. No deadlines apply; your registration will be processed upon receipt.
- ONLINE GALLERY - Artists are represented in an attractive Online Gallery featuring one artwork of your choosing, along with your Publication Name and either medium, price range, or cost of the shown artwork which clicks to the Artist Profile Page.
- ARTIST PROFILE PAGES - Individual artist pages have many new features. Along with name, medium and description of your work, your 4 images will have captions that include title, dimensions and price. You can include ALL your contact information as you wish. The Artist Statement/Bio field will accept "unlimited" copy, information, additional artwork, links to your pre-existing online content AND VIDEO files and links.
- PREVIOUS ARTIST PROFILE PAGES – You do not need to re-register if you are already in the Online Gallery. If you have participated years prior to 2020, you can request a ink to your previous Artist Profile to use as a guide. For more information, contact Cynthia Bulaong at email@example.com.
- VIDEOS - Artist can provide video interviews, studio tours and live demonstrations by including files or links with your registration or adding them throughout the promotional period. OSH will try to assist those that may not have the means or expertise to produce their own video. Videos will appear on Artist Profile Pages and be used for online promotions.
-SALES - Attention will be called to sales immediately upon visitor engagement on the Home Page and Online Gallery. Currently, each artist will manage their own sales. Assistance is available by Artists in Real Time,Inc.
- FEES - $25 covers the inclusion in the Online Gallery or the Group Show Only. Full participation is $60 for artists and $75 for vendors. Each category includes the production of a Profile page. If you cannot afford your fee, ART may be able to help. Sponsorships, artist sponsorships and tax deductible donations are accepted. No deadlines apply. Payments can be made by clicking here.
- OPENING YOUR STUDIO or VENUE (OPTIONAL) - One-on-One visits can be scheduled by appointment. OSH offers assistance as needed. CDC guidelines should be followed including the use of face masks and social distancing.
- REGISTRATION – Online form CLICK HERE. Once your form is received, OSH will be in touch to instruct you of your next steps and to see and proofread your profile page. Additional images, copy, links and videos will be accepted. If you need a hard copy form, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PAYMENT OPTIONS - (See Fees above) To pay online, Click Here Or mail check to Artists in Real Time (ART), c/o Cynthia Bulaong, 140 Huyshope Avenue #624, Hartford, CT 06106